Six Things About Me:
1. I am both a writer and the editor in chief for a parenting website. I work from home, and not only do I love it, but I am a strong advocate of the benefits of both working from home and having a flexible work schedule.
2. Before the website, I taught English at a couple of our local universities. It was an amazing career and I am thankful every day that I had a chance to do it. I am still ABD on my Ph.D. in 20th century American fiction, and I have no regrets about it. Being a professor was a fantastic experience, but it was just one stop on my journey.
3. I still read. A lot. But the wonderful thing about reading now is that I can read whatever I want: science fiction, YA and MG novels, poetry, literary fiction, classics that I missed, the latest buzz-worthy books.
4. I probably watch more TV than I should. I cannot resist a good story. Also, I really, really wish that I saw more movies in the theater.
6. As much as the politics of my state make me crazy sometimes, I am truly proud to be a Texan. The Texas that I know is weird and independent, full of history and strong women, beautiful landscapes and delicious food, and friends and family and love. I used to want to leave, but now I can’t imagine living anywhere else. Also? This.